Are you shopping around for dietary supplements? If you’re considering essential amino acids (EAAs), then you have many options. That’s in terms of brands, aminos, and prices. You can also pick among the best amino acids on the market. As with other supplements, if a product is among the best-selling aminos, then it’s one you should consider thinking about. You can pick ones from popular brands like MuscleTech and optimum Nutrition. These are some industry leaders in the dietary supplement industry. It is especially important since supplements are regulated differently than prescription meds. You should consider top brands and products to get the best results.
When picking an amino acid supplement there are so many options. It can be tough to pick the “right” product. The global market for dietary supplements is worth about $$133 billion (2018). When picking supplements, it’s not a good idea to just go with the cheapest product. One issue to consider is that these products don’t require complete reviews by organizations like the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). So, it’s a good idea to go with products that are made by well-established companies. This will help to make sure you’re getting a high-quality product.
Amino Acid Supplements and Gym Workouts
Today branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are one of the biggest trends among weightlifters. You might be wondering if you should start taking the best amino acids on the market.
Amino acids makeup proteins and are the “building blocks” of the macro-nutrient. The human body contains 20 amino acids. Most dietary supplements are among the “essential” aminos that humans have to get from food and supplements.like BCAAs for muscle and strength gains. You can find many products on the market but that doesn’t mean they’re automatically a good choice.
How are aminos related to muscle-building? To achieve muscle goals, your body needs enough of the 20 amino acids in the body. If you lack amounts of them you won’t get muscle gains.
The BCAAs are three aminos:
Research shows that these aminos play a big role in building muscle. This is done by triggering certain enzymes that increase muscle growth. Even if you’re on a low-carb diet you can maintain your muscle mass by taking BCAA supplements.
Leucine is the amino acid that seems to be the most important amino for building muscle. It seems to be the “leader” of EAAs that helps them all work together to build muscle.
The reason people should consider taking BCAAs is building muscle is the supplements are involved in the chemical processes that build muscles. It’s important to make sure you’re getting the other EAAs besides just BCAAs. In other words, you can’t get muscle gains by just taking BCAAs.
Various studies show this fact. There are various ways to make sure you’re getting all 9 EAAs, including consuming foods that are “complete” proteins. When you get all 9 EAAs this helps to build muscle through the process of “protein synthesis.” This is the only real way to get muscle gains while weightlifting.
High-Amino Acid Foods
- Chicken/Turkey: If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to red meat then this is a good option along with fish. That’s because you’re getting less saturated fat. If you want to increase protein and decrease fat then go with skinless white meat. However, both cuts will provide quality protein.
- Fish/Seafood: Here’s another good source of all 9 EAAs. Besides that, you can get more omega-3s if you pick fatty fish or seafood. These are healthy fats that provide many health benefits including heart health and healthy skin/hair.
- Milk/Cheese: Whey and casein proteins are separated during the cheesemaking process. If you want to get the best of both worlds then go with full-fat dairies like milk, cheese, and yogurt. They’re all complete proteins so you’ll get all 9 EAAs. While low-fat is sometimes claimed to be healthier full-fat dairy can provide benefits like more healthy fats and higher metabolism.
- Quinoa: This is a relatively new superfood although it’s been consumed in the Americas for up to 4,000 years ago. It also has all 9 EAAs. Fun Fact: Quinoa isn’t a grain but is closer to seeds/cereals. It’s also a versatile food that can be consumed in stuff ranging from oatmeal to smoothies.
- Soybeans: This is a superfood because it’s one of the limited complete proteins that are plant-based. Soybeans are used for various soy and tofu products. Tofu is fermented soy so you also get the benefits of fermented food including good bacteria. If you want the same health benefits of soybeans you can combine two other beans.
- Red Meat (Lean): Whether it’s pork, beef, or chicken this is an excellent source of amino acids. Make sure to go with organic versions to get the healthiest protein sources like the best amino acids on the market.
Best Amino Acids on the Market
1. Arginine by Hayasu Nutrition
This product combines two kinds of Arginine. The blend is designed to provide the best results from Arginine. It can help you build lean muscle and improve your overall health. L-Arginine is one of the EAAs that becomes Nitric Oxide. This can help improve blood circulation as part of sports nutrition.
2. Essential Amino Energy by Optimum Nutrition
This product includes BCAAs, green coffee, and green tea. It’s designed to provide energy boosts and speed up muscle recovery. It can also help with mental focus so you can concentrate better in the gym or at work. You can use this supplement anytime during the day when you have “brain fog.”
3. Super Lysine+ by Quantum
This product can help boost the immune system. It includes 6 important ingredients for the best results, including L-Lysine, Vitamin C, Garlic, and Licorice Root. This product can also help to support mouth health. You can take tablets 3x daily. This product has also won a big award, which makes it one worth considering.
4. Micronized Creatine by Optimum Nutrition
This is an amino acid supplement that is designed for boosting endurance and speeding up recovery. You can get the best results since the creatine is micronized. It’s also produced by an industry leader that’s a popular maker of dietary supplements.
Another benefit of this product is it’s unflavored. This allows you to mix it with your favorite beverage.
5. Creatine by MuscleTech
This supplement is from one of the top makers of dietary supplements. This product is designed to boost muscles/strength. It also helps boost endurance and make workouts longer. This product can also help to fight muscle break-down. Studies show that creatine can help boost muscle growth.
This product is 100% creatine and includes no extra sugar or fillers.