You would hear people commonly say that they take complete amino acid supplements. So what exactly are complete amino acid supplements? These are supplements that contain all the essential amino acids. Well, there are 8 essential amino acids needed by the body. And they usually get food and supplements. Some people opt for individual supplements for the different amino acids. While some opt for these supplements. Well, if you think about it, the complete amino acid supplements would be the best pick for you. Since it contains all the amino acids that your body needs.
Normally, essential amino acids are gotten from foods. Certain foods are rich in certain amino acids. And once you take the appropriate amount your body would have the required amount of that amino acid. But for some foods aren’t the way to go, supplements are for them. Well, food has always been known to be a better source of these amino acids. Supplements sure have their benefits but they also come with their side effects. So today we’ll be looking at the benefits that come with using complete amino acid supplements. As well as the side effects that come along with it.
What are Complete Amino Acid Supplements?
These are supplements that contain all the essential amino acids. And that’s why it’s called complete. There are 8 essential amino acids. And they are isoleucine, leucine, methionine, lysine, valine, phenylalanine, threonine, and tryptophan.
You can get these amino acids from certain foods. The best sources of these essential amino acids are animal proteins such as eggs, poultry, Certain amino acids have and meat.
These amino acids are very essential for many processes in the body. But they are mostly known for helping out with the growth of muscles. And also the repair of muscles as well. That’s why complete amino acid supplements are essential for athletes and people that want to stay fit.
Benefits of Complete Amino Acid Supplements
- Improved performance: One of the amazing benefits that come with using amino acid supplements is improved performance. It helps improve performance both physically and psychologically. It helps your body respond a lot better to workouts. At the same time, it helps improve the performance of your mind. This allows you to focus a lot better and then make good decisions.
- Reduces muscle soreness: Also, supplements help reduce the damage done to muscles. And at the same time helps improve recovery. Also, it helps reduce the soreness that comes with strenuous workouts
- Improves recovery: Amino acid supplements help increase the synthesis of protein in the muscle. And this helps guard the muscle so that it recovers faster after you exercise a lot. With improved recovery, you would be able to hit the gym anytime soon. And this helps improve your overall performance.
- Reduces fatigue: With amino acid supplements it helps reduce fatigue in both. It reduces both mental and physical fatigue. And that’s because of the relationship between BCAAs and tryptophan. When the level of BCAAs in the body reduces the level of tryptophan increases. And this leads to the production of serotonin. And serotonin makes you feel tired and fatigued. One way that you can prevent this is with amino acid supplements
- Increases endurance: One thing amino acid supplement does is change the way your body makes use of fuel. So the primary fuel sources are carbs and fat. These supplements reduce the breaking down of glycogen. And this becomes very effective for people that do track and field races like a sprint. Because the glycogen stores are preserved when using these supplements. And with that your endurance would increase as well.
- Improves skin health: Certain amino acids affect your skin. They help improve skin health. And with that, your skin looks a lot younger and fresher. Certain amino acids provide the nutrients that are needed for the growth of the skin. They help improve skin elasticity. And with that premature aging decreases. One protein that’s very important for skin health is collagen. And with amino acid supplements, the body would be able to get the needed amino acids to make collagen in the body.
- Helps out with weight loss: Well, the research on this is still limited. But some studies show that amino acid supplements might help with the burning of fat. Certain amino acids have different mechanisms for causing the body to lose fat. And with that, these supplements make it a lot easier for a person to lose weight.
So most of the amino acid supplements are considered to be safe for consumption. But certain side effects come with arginine and methionine. Also, branched-chain amino acids can cause an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the body.
The thing with amino acid supplements is that there isn’t a maximum dose for them. And because of this many people have no idea when it’s considered too much. So make sure that before you start taking the supplements toy talk to a health care provider. They are in the best position to guide you to the right dosage for the supplements.
Also, make sure that you ask your doctor questions before opting for any brand of amino acids. As if it’s safe to take it with other medications. Ask if it’s okay to take it when you have certain medical conditions. Also, confirm if it’s good for children and pregnant women. These are questions that would help you decide whether or not you should opt for the supplement.
Overall, amino acid supplements are good. If you don’t have a means of getting the foods that are rich in these amino acids the supplements would be a great option for you. They would provide you with the needed nutrients. And they also offer the same benefits. Just make sure that you’re careful as to dosage when you start taking complete amino acid supplements.